Bite-sized insights for in-house counsel and creative legal minds. If you like this content, hit the button below to get the email edition :)
Because you can
Not sure if a survey of 86 people counts as enough of a sample size to ‘benchmark’ in-house legal teams, but hey, it’s a dataset and it does tell (or back up) well-beaten story…
GCs (of companies with 1,000 - 250,000 employees) have brought the majority of work in-house.
Because you can.
Law Tech Woman
OK so our incredibly talented, ex-A&O lawyer and now fully-reformed Operations & Marketing Manager at Lexoo in London, has been shortlisted for the TechWomen50 Awards for emerging tech talent.
In her words:
AIG's in-house tech stack
So I quite liked this interview with AIG’s General Counsel, Chris Newby on tech they’ve pulled into their legal team.
Here’s a little grab bag of things they’ve done, from the usual suspects:
- eSignatures with Docusign
- automated NDAs
- a workflow and matter allocation tool
- a document management system (although he’s shopping for a new one),
to the not so usual – a legal centre in Manila where company queries go automatically 😧
The state of remote work
Here’s some great data about remote work from 1,097 US-based respondents across all company sizes and industries, neatly broken down into:
- Remote Work Distribution by Department and Role
- Remote Work’s Impact on Hiring, Retention and Management
- Benefits & Challenges of Working Remotely
- Managing a Remote Workforce
- Remote Work and Job Performance
And then there’s this piece of kit, available only in the US (for now) 😥
P.S. If you’re thinking about your next move, check out some of our featured opportunities.